"eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows the user from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity when visiting other participating institutions by signing on with their institutions credentials." source: www.eduroam.org
Watch this video that explains how eduroam works.
To see if an institution is an eduroam participant, visit www.eduroam.org and click on the “Where can I eduraom" link.
To see where eduroam is available on the different NWU campuses visit Mahikeng Potchefstroom Vanderbijlpark.
Staff: eduroam doesn’t provide access to services behind the NWU firewall. This implies that VPN will still have to be used in addition to access those services (e.g. KFS).
- Staff & Students:
- Click here to download an .exe to test your eduroam connection before traveling.
- When visiting the participating eduroam institution, search for the eduroam SSID in the Wi-Fi list and sign-in with your NWUnumber@nwu.ac.za (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Network password.
- Guests: Search for the eduroam SSID in the Wi-Fi list and sign-in with your institution’s credentials.
- Staff: Contact your IT Service Desk.
- Students: Contact your IT Service Desk.
- Guests: Contact your Institutions' IT Service Desk.