GroupWise is the official email service of the NWU.
This service enables the user to make use of the GroupWise Email and Calendaring functionality.
Email addresses are created as being personalized toand can be
- 1GB mailbox.
- Resources can be created in GroupWise, for example a venue that can be booked or an email address used for a conference.
- The Spam Filter service may be used to help prevent spam before it enters your GroupWise mailbox (proactive) or manage spam in your GroupWise mailbox (reactive).
- Webmail can be used to access your mail when off-campus.
The staff member's name and surname is derived from the data entered by Human Capital. Thus any changes to the staff member's name or surname should be reported to Human Capital.
- What is new in GroupWise 2012
- Rules and guidelines for Electronic mail
- GroupWise 2012 Guide
- Manage the size of your GroupWise mailbox - best practices in archiving
- Ways to manage your calendar
- Application form for a GroupWise Resource
- Implementation of electronic NWU signature
Termination of Service:
- The account will be disabled 1 month after the Mailbox Owner has become inactive
- 6 months after the account has been disabled the account will be deleted irreversibly
- After 1 year any email address personalization will be reset to allow reuse, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the responsibility of the Mailbox Owner to forward all mail that needs to be kept either to the Mailbox Owner's private email address or another Mailbox Owner's email address before the account becomes disabled. Archived email needs to be unarchived and forwarded by the Mailbox Owner
Please note that once a mailbox has been purged it is gone.