All staff and students, except students registered for Short courses have access to the Microsoft 365 subscription which inludes Office 365 Pro Plus (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access (PC only) and Publisher (PC only)). Services like Teams and OneDrive are also part of the Microsoft 365 subscription.
How to install Office 365 ProPlus
Go to https://portal.office.com
Staff: Sign in with NWUfirstname.lastname@example.org
(e.g. email@example.com ). No password is required at this point.
Students: Sign in with NWUfirstname.lastname@example.org
(e.g. email@example.com ). No password is required at this point.
If I have an older version of Microsoft Office on my computer, can I still install Office 365 ProPlus?
No. All other versions of Office must be removed before installing Office 365 Pro Plus. Remember that you will need your product key should you wish to reinstall your previous/older versions at a later stage.
Should I install 32-bit or 64-bit version?
The 64-bit version is installed by default unless Office detects you already have a 32-bit version of Office (or a stand-alone Office app such as Project or Visio) installed. In this case, the 32-bit version of Office will be installed instead.
What can I try first, should I have a problem with installation?
Clear the cache of your browser by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete.
Where can I find help?
- Contact your IT Service Desk.
Where can I find training material?
Computer Rooms (Students)
What about the PCs or Macs in the Computer Rooms, Residences and Libraries?
Don’t install Office 365 ProPlus in the Computer Rooms as you will use one of your 5 licenses.
You may however access your Office 365 account from a workstation in a Computer Room when working in the cloud.
What is the minimum Resources needed for Microsoft 365 and Office Resources
On how many machines/devices can I install Office 365 ProPlus on?
Enjoy a full, installed Office experience across PCs, Macs, Windows tablets and iPad® and Android™ tablets, and most mobile devices. Each user can install the Office desktop apps on up to five PCs or Macs per user and on up to five tablets and five phones per user.
What happens when a student graduates?
Graduated students’ Office 365 subscription through the NWU ends upon graduation. Students may then enroll into other consumer or commercial offers available.
- It is free.
- You will always have the latest versions of the Office programs.
- You must have an active NWU#.
- You have to connect to the Internet once every 90 days to verify that you are still eligible for the program. If you don’t, your subscription will expire.
What sign-in and password do I use for the Office 365 subscription?
Manage machines or devices already activated?
You can see how many computers you have activated by signing into the portal.
- Select Install Office, Other install options
- Select View apps & devices
- Click the arrow next to Devices at the Office section. (A list of the devices you have installed the software on will appear.)
To disable a device:
- Click on the Account Manager icon (top right corner) and select My Account
- Select Devices and click the arrow next to the device if you want to disable a device from your list of devices you have installed the software on
- Select Disable Device