Comprehensive and professional career counselling, psychometric testing and career-path guidance services are available. Some of the services available require prior booking, predetermined testing dates and are offered at a fee.
Visit Building A3, Block B, Room 269 (reception) on the Mahikeng Campus for enquiries, or contact +27 (0)18 389 2592.
Please enquire at +27 (0)16 910 3040/3195 on the Vanderbijlpark Campus for more information.
Please call Student Counselling and Development on the Potchefstroom Campus at +27 (0)18 299 2893/2894 for a booking .
Psychometric testing services on the Vanderbijlpark Campus include:
- Grades 10–12: study-field choices and career guidance
- Grades 7–9: subject choices and career guidance
- 19–60 years: study-field choices, career guidance, career-path changes
- NWU students: course changes and career guidance
- NWU staff: study-field choices and career-path changes
Psychometric assessment services on the Potchefstroom Campus include:
- Assessment for course and career guidance and changes (for NWU students) (no costs incurred)
- Grades 10–12: career counselling and guidance
- Grades 7–9: subject choices
Career counselling/guidance services without assessments
- NWU students: course-related information, soft-skills development, course changes, career mapping, career counselling, first job experience, etc.
- NWU staff: career counselling and career-path changes
- Community: guidance with subject choices and study-field choices in collaboration with NWU marketers and student advisers
For assistance regarding CVs, interview workshops, employer presentations, career fairs, etc., please refer to the Career Centre.