Microsoft Teams is a powerful collaboration tool available via Microsoft’s Office 365 suite. As part of the NWU’s path to Dx (Digital transformation), MS Teams is the currently supported collaboration tool. The application allows teams and groups to create a virtual space where they can collaborate. Although the collaboration opportunities are endless, at NWU, Microsoft Teams may only be used for operational or academic purposes. MS Teams is available to all current NWU staff and students. It is easy to use and convenient in this era of hybrid working, allowing you to work with others even while off-campus. One can collaborate on documents, send instant messages, and even hold online meetings or video conferences. Currently, for the MS 365 environment, the NWU is using a domain staff365.msfed.nwu.ac.za to login to MS Teams. These logins are subject to change once the move to the new ms.nwu.ac.za domain has been completed.
- A computer or mobile device that has internet connectivity
- A correctly configured email client or web browser
- A minimum of 4GB RAM is needed with 8GB being optimal
- NWU specifications to run Teams
- Use the desktop app for meetings, calls and when producing and presenting live events rather than the web version, since the web version of Teams is not as feature-rich as the desktop app.
- However, the web version can be used on devices that may not meet the recommended specifications as no installation is required and it uses less memory.
- View the recommended desktop, web and mobile clients.