You are now able to access the services without being on campus or connecting via VPN.
Currently the available apps are:
- Leave Balances - Display staff leave balances
- Supervisor Hierarchy - Allocate supervisors per Organisation Entity (OE)
- Action List - Approve or reject applications and allocate workflow items
- NWU Vending Funds - Displays the funds available on a student's student card
- POPI - Displays the POPI status of a person
Support for each app is provided by a specific contact person (please see 'Where to find more information on an app' below). New apps will be added as new functionalities are developed.
How to access the portal
Open your browser, navigate to www.nwu.ac.za and click on the "DIY Services" link in the page footer.
Sign in with your NWU number and network password.
*Take note - please use Mozilla Firefox or Chrome as your default browser. The portal does not function optimally in Internet Explorer.
How to access an app
Click on the app icon you wish to use.
Where to find more information on an app
After clicking on the app icon, click on the "App Information" link just above the app window. There will be a "How-to guide" icon that contains a pdf file with the necessary steps and contact person details.
How to sign out
Click on the "Logout" button in the page header.
We hope this portal will add value to your work day!
Please share your feedback and comments with Information Technology by sending an email to Talk2IT@nwu.ac.za.