The username of a registered student at the NWU is her / his NWU university number.
Important: During registration at the NWU a default password is created for each student.
- For South African students this password consists of your South African Identity number followed by "@Nwu", e.g. 9302215067088@Nwu
- For international students (including students from Namibia) this password consists of your passport number followed by "@Nwu", e.g. 123456789@Nwu
- Please note the capital letter “N” in the examples above – passwords are case sensitive
This default password will expire within 2 weeks of registration. Therefore, please change your default password as soon as possible. New passwords should contain:
- alpha-numerical characters (a..z, 0-9),
- special characters (example #,* or ^)
- and both capital and small letters e.g.: AbCd*902