Your password expires every 90 days. This is the password you use in conjunction with your NWU# to gain access to the majority of IT services.
With this in mind - always use hard to guess passwords
Don't use obvious passwords like "password," "cat," or obvious character sequences on the qwerty keyboard like "asdfg" and "12345." It's better to use complex passwords. Include different letter cases, numbers, and even punctuation. Try to use different passwords for different websites and computers. So if one gets hacked, your other accounts aren't compromised watch the video.
Passwords must include the following:
- The last 3 passwords cannot be used again.
- The minimum length of the password is 8 characters.
- Your password should contain at least 1 lowercase letter.
- Your password should contain at least 1 uppercase letter.
- Your password should contain at least 1 digit.
- Your password should contain at least 1 special character (not including a space or underscore).
- Please use your University Number.
- Passwords expire after 3 months.
- Remember, your initial password is either your identity number or passport number, followed by '@Nwu', eg. 1234567890123@Nwu.
For more info on Password Handling click the picture below, to download the procedure.