- Advises on the university quality structure, processes and activities, including the responsibility and accountability lines as reflected in the quality manual;
- provides advice and support (if and when requested by the University Management Committee) in the areas of planning, implementation, evaluation, review and feedback for improvement purposes;
- develops and updates policy, procedures, guidelines and other support material to support the NWU’s Quality Assurance and Improvement;
- supports the self-evaluation processes;
- assists with the coordination and preparation of Council on Higher Education (CHE) / Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) quality audits;
- assists with the preparation of the NWU Self-evaluation report and portfolio for CHE/HEQC quality audits;
- assists with the preparation of the Quality Improvement Plans (based on Quality Audit feedback) for the CHE/HEQC and monitors the implementation thereof;
- supports internal (self-evaluations), national and statutory/professional evaluation/review processes and drives/coordinates all external academic qualification/programme/subject evaluations;
- supports the support departments’ quality manual development, self-evaluation processes, and drives all peer evaluation and/or review processes;
- advises business units (academic and support departments) and process owners in constructing a database of evaluations, reviews, reports, improvement plans and follow-up actions;
- assists with and promotes the awareness of the NWU approach to Quality;
- develops an intranet site (accessible for staff members) as a major source of information regarding all relevant aspects; and
- undertakes quality-related staff development activities to the benefit of the university and all its stakeholders.
- Engages with the national and international discourse on Quality; and
- liaises (through the offices of the vice-chancellor, the applicable deputy vice-chancellor(s) and/or registrar) with the CHE/HEQC and any other statutory body on quality-related matters which include inter alia quality audits, qualification/ programme evaluations/ reviews.