Student Judicial Services (SJS) falls under the registrar and has offices on all three campuses of the NWU. Student disciplinary hearings are held on all three campuses. Student judicial officers report to the manager, who reports to the registrar.
Who are we?
- One of the key performance areas of SJS is to execute processes, policies, procedures and practices in accordance with relevant NWU rules, policies and procedures with regard to academic misconduct and misconduct within organised student life.
- SJS identifies and creates awareness programmes on topics, including but not limited to gender-based violence, hate speech and racism.
What do we do?
SJS receives complaints and completes investigations pertaining to possible academic misconduct and misconduct in order to determine if students should be disciplinarily charged. If students are to be charged with academic misconduct and misconduct (as per the Statute and the NWU Policy on Student Discipline), SJS continues with the applicable proceedings.
Services we offer
- Determining if there is a prima facie case to be made.
- Drafting and sending of notices of hearing with charge sheets.
- Consultation with complainants, witnesses and respondents.
- Acting on behalf of complainants within the NWU during disciplinary proceedings.
- Collaborating with various departments in the NWU in order to serve justice to individuals who feel aggrieved towards students of the NWU. Collaboration may include referral for counselling, rehabilitative measures, community participation or any other option that is deemed fit by the stakeholders and falls within the mandate of such stakeholders.
- Misconduct matters should be reported to Protection Services on the campus.
- Academic misconduct is reported to SJS.
For concerns or complaints please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager Student Judicial Services
Room G11, Building F19, Potchefstroom
Tel no: 018 285 2419
Student Judicial Officer – Potchefstroom
Room G12, Building F19
Tel no: 018 285 2418
Student Judicial Officer – Mahikeng
Room 237, Admin Building
Tel no: 018 389 2175