Contact Person- Mr Melvin Mothoa (email@example.com or 0182994849)
Research Support, in collaboration with Kerlick Editorial & Research Solutions, will again be hosting the popular Research Publication Workshops/Retreats for staff members of the NWU during 2022. Please forward this email to all employees that might benefit from this - it promises to be worth their while.
Please refer to the following documents:
- An Overview, which describes the Kerlick workshops available during 2022;
- The 2022 Schedule with dates of all the workshops that are scheduled during 2022. We have planned three introductory Workshop A’s and five Workshop B article-writing retreats (Workshop B is normally attended only by participants who have previously attended a Workshop A);
- Background details of the Kerlick Facilitators;
- An Application Form: you may submit your application at any time if you would like to participate, as early as you wish. After receiving the Application Form, the Workshop Coordinator will send you further details, as well as a Registration Form for completion to confirm your intention to attend the workshop. (This application and confirmation process forms the basis for our planning.)
- A Poster with relevant dates.
The introductory Workshop A’s will be conducted virtually, via Zoom. The Workshop B retreats will either be conducted via Zoom or face-to-face at campus venues, depending on the number of participants and the levels of interest on the different campuses. The venue for each Workshop B will be confirmed at a later stage. In the case of venue-based face-to-face retreats, you are welcome to attend on any campus where the workshop is presented – irrespective of where you are stationed. However, travel and accommodation expenses will be for your own account.
If you would like to attend any of the scheduled workshops, please Mr Melvin Mothoa the completed application form as soon as possible.
Workshop A-3: 25–27/28 July 2022
Due date for submission of Application Form: 27 June 2022
Due date for submission of confirmatory Registration Form & Advance Preparation: 8 July 2022
Workshop B-1: 31 May–02 June 2022
Due date for submission of Application Form: 22 April 2022
Due date for submission of confirmatory Registration Form & Advance Preparation: 13 May 2022
Workshop B-2: 23–25 August 2022
Due date for submission of Application Form: 19 July 2022
Due date for submission of confirmatory Registration Form & Advance Preparation: 05 August 2022
Workshop B-3: 6–8 September 2022
Due date for submission of Application Form: 11 August 2022
Due date for submission of confirmatory Registration Form & Advance Preparation: 26 August 2022
Please note: The same process is followed for applying and confirming attendance at all the Kerlick 2022 article-writing workshops: you will need to return the Application Form and to confirm your intention to attend the workshop; thereafter, you will need to submit the applicable advance preparation (either for Workshop A or for Workshop B) on or before the deadline. You will receive further details after you have completed and submitted your Application Form. (It is a requirement that you attend a Workshop A before you attend a Workshop B article-writing retreat.)