Currently no international grants.
Call For Proposals: Grassroots Innovation Programme
The Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) an entity of the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) is calling for applications from grassroots innovators looking for funding, technical assistance and support for developing a new product or process up to prototype and proof of concept stage.
• Development and production of fully functional prototypes of product innovations responding to social challenges
• Skills training and business development incubation and mentorship
• Specialised equipment that is within the budget constraints and required to enable innovation activities
• Introduction of a proof of concept where a viable business case can be demonstrated
• Registration of new enterprises or attaining compliance of already registered enterprises
• Registration of intellectual property rights, copyright and trademark protection and licensing
• Personal and travelling stipend to the innovators in support of the development of their innovation
Closing date: 31 March 2023 before 17h00.
For any queries, please contact:
Tel: 018-299 4902
No current competitions.
The Technology Transfer and Innovation Support Office established a pre-seed fund in a co-funding partnership model with the SA SME Fund, a collaboration between government, labour and business. The pre-seed fund provides grants of up to R500 000 for qualifying early-stage technology development projects and complements the Technology Innovation Agency’s Seed Fund programme. As traditional sources of funding for technology transfer were either frozen or reallocated, the Technology Transfer and Innovation Support team concentrate their efforts on building new funding relationships and channels to external funding.
The SA SME Fund invests in funds that support and develop entrepreneurs.
For any Pre-Seed fund queries, please contact:
Tel: 018-299 4902