Vidyo is a video conference solution that offers face-to-face communication on various devices with various modes of connectivity.
TENET (Tertiary Education and Research Network of South Africa) renders Vidyo as a value added service to its users.
TENET’s vision is to deliver a robust video conference solution that enables South-African tertiary education and research institutions to collaborate and communicate easily.
Anyone with a NWU staff number have access to a Vidyo Room of their own.
1. Create meetings of their own,
2. Invite anyone with Internet access or telephone access to their meetings,
3. Join meetings of other Vidyo users at NWU,
4. Join meetings at other universities or research organisations using Vidyo.
After the web conferencing client has been installed on a computer or the App has been installed on a smartphone, Login is through NWU Central Authentication Service (CAS), using the same USERNAME and PASSWORD applicable for GroupWise.
Installation of the web conferencing client.
If you would like to attempt it yourself...
- For using Vidyo for the first time on your laptop or desktop computer, type the following URL into your Browser address bar: https://nwu-vc.tenet.ac.za. The Proxy settings on the computer must be switched off first.
- Using Vidyo on your smartphone: [Apple iPhone and Android phones]. After installing the VidyoMobile App, type the following URL into the space required for the Portal Address: https://nwu-vc.tenet.ac.za
Using Vidyo on a computer where it is already installed
- If there is a short-cut to Vidyo on your computer desktop, double-click on it. If not, open a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox and type the following into the address bar:
- https://nwu-vc.tenet.ac.za. Press <Enter>
- The login sequence through NWU Central Authentication Service (CAS) should open.